Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2016

#Cre8time Wineglass holder with reclaimed wood

Good morning crafties,

If you follow my blog you will notice that I don't craft in one way or another.  I am all over the board.  I think outside, inside and next to the box.  My motto has always been "if it can be done, I will try it".  I am a pintrest freak.  I love looking at so many different ideas and then try to recreate them.  Sometimes I fail but sometimes I excel.  And for me, today's post is all about excelling.  I am so excited to share this with you.

My daughter's boyfriend owns a farm and he has a lot of old outbuildings that are falling apart.  He was very generous and gave me a huge stack of barnwood.  Yup, lucky me as this is all the rage right now.  I've been making signs and will have some posts this week and next week yet of all the fun signs I've been making.

Anyway, while we were cutting the board down to manageable sizes some of them break in half.  Remember, this is OLD barnwood.  In fact, this stack that I got is over 100 years old.  EVEN better.  Well I had some long skinny pieces and this is what I created:


I washed and cleaned the boards very well ...


then I stained and sealed them ...


and added nails for the wine glasses to hang from.

I added a bow, some grapes and even created a holder for the bottle stopper.

I am so in love with these.  I will be making some more of these and hopefully selling them this summer at a craft fair I will be at.  I think I'm gonna add some words, like "WINE TIME" to the next one I make.  Or even "it's 5 o'clock somewhere".  

If you would leave me a comment I'd love to hear what you think.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say